Due to the tremendous change in the funeral industry in the last few years, John Beard felt the need for a funeral home in our area that is dedicated to the philosophy of “family serving families.”
We at Beard’s Funeral Chapel are committed to serving the family at their time of need. We want Beard’s to be as comfortable as pleasant as we can make it. That is what we think is lacking in today’s “plain old traditional service.”
Much thought went into choosing our location. We wanted an area that was convenient, away from congestion and busy intersections.
Beard’s Funeral Chapel has a spacious chapel, which will seat 190, and a family room that will seat 50. Most of the family parking can be in the heated garage, out of inclement weather.
Beard’s Funeral Chapel opened in June 1997. We are a full-service funeral home will full traditional services as well as cremation services ranging from direct cremation through memorial services and rental casket service.
Our crematory is on site at our facility where your loved one will be cared for intimately by our kind and trustworthy staff.
We are locally owned and not affiliated with any funeral home serving yours.
2012 Arkansas Funeral Director of the Year
- Lifetime resident of Fayetteville, Arkansas
- Married the former Judy Collins of Elkins, AR in April 1967
- One Son, John Marcus Beard of Gettysburg, PA
- Licensed by Arkansas Board of Funeral Directors since 1977
- Served in funeral industry for over 40 years in the Fayetteville area before establishing Beard’s Chapel in 1997
- Born and raised in Fayetteville, Arkansas
- Part time Funeral Assistant since 1999
- Veteran of United States Military with the 142nd F.A. Group HQ
- Lifetime resident of Northwest Arkansas
- Married Patsy Lairamore in 1950
- 2 children and 2 grandchildren
- Hobbies: hunting and fishing
- Twenty year resident of Northwest Arkansas
- Graduated from Central Missouri University with BSN
- Married to Amy, who is employed by Central United Methodist
- 2 sons, Seth and Finn
- Moved to northwest Arkansas in 2002
- Employed at Beard’s Funeral Chapel from 2002-2011
- Returned to Beard’s in February 2014
- Father of two, Nick and Hannah
Larry D. Self
- Resident of northwest Arkansas since 1993
- Entered funeral service in 1971, and has served families for 44 years
- Graduate of Dallas Institute of Funeral Service
- Licensed by the Arkansas State Board of Funeral Directors since 1975
- Two sons, Donnie and Christopher